will follow an established format for this investigation,
one that is used in many types of research. The process
involves five basic tasks.
1. Brainstorm connections - as big a list as possible
2. Research as many of the connections as possible
3. Construct a balanced argument for and against either
4. Eventually one side will present the more convincing
5. Present your findings and conclusions
Although you will be working with one or two partners
as a team, each person wlll be responsible for all aspects
of the the project. Additionally, you will be evaluated
on how well you follow these steps, so you will need to
document your efforts at each level thoroughly.
More details on each of the five steps are provided on
the following pages.