- 1. To identify why the Proclamation of 1763 angered so many colonists.
- 2. To describe the debate over taxes and troops in the colonies.
- 3. To explain the Stamp Act.
- 4. To examine how the colonists forced Britain to repeal the Stamp Act.
- 1. To explain the Townshend Acts.
- 2. To describe why and how the colonists protested the Townshend Acts.
- 3. To explain the Boston Massacre.
- 4. To summarize the Tea Act and the Boston Tea Party.
- 1. To describe the Intolerable Acts.
- 2. To explain how the colonies wavered between war and peace.
- 3. To profile the Midnight Ride.
- 4. To describe the battles of Lexington and Concord.
- 1. To describe the early skirmishes between the Continental and British armies.
- 2. To profile British and American responses to the deepening conflict.
- 3. To summarize Thomas Paine's Common Sense.
- 4. To explain how colonial leaders officially declared their independence from Britain.