1. What are the date of birth and the birthplace of Edgar Allan Poe?
Search: Google Directory
Answer: Edgar Allan Poe was born in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 19, 1809.
2. In what year did Ireland gain its independence from Britain?
Answer: Ireland gained its independence from Britain on December 6, 1921.
3. What movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1976?
Search: The Internet Public Library
Answer: Rocky won Best Picture in 1976.
4. What is the tallest building in the world? How tall (in feet) is it?
Search: Ask Jeeves
Answer: Standing at 1667 feet, The Taipei 101 office block in Taipei, Taiwan, is the tallest building in the world.
5. In 1849, people from all over the worldknown as 49erstraveled to California in search of gold. Water was scarce during the trip. Some businessmen in California knew this and began selling water to the 49ers. How much were some 49ers willing to spend on a glass of water?
Answer: Some extremely thirsty 49ers paid up to $100 for a single glass of water!
Next: Creating a Search Strategy