Designing a Bicentennial Web Site
The 200th anniversary of independence was a cause for celebration for Americans everywhere. President Ford told the nation to "break out the flag, strike up the band, light up the sky." It was a time to reflect on how the nation began, where it was then, and what might happen next. Use the library and the Internet to find information about the celebration. Also make use of what you have learned about the nation's history from your textbook.
Design a Bicentennial Web site. Use the suggestions below to get started.
- Locate images showing Bicentennial highlights.
- Choose music that captures the spirit of the celebration.
- Highlight important events in the nations' history.
- Include the words and images of historic figures.
- Web sites that would be good links for visitors to your site.