Making an Class Presentation
Life in the army training camps during the Civil War was hard. Information about life in the camps comes from primary sources. Using the library and the Internet, find diaries, letters, photographs, and news articles about daily life.
Plan an electronic presentation on army life for your class. Use the list of suggested topics below to begin brainstorming.
- Drawings, maps, and photos that show the design of a typical camp
- Items used for cooking, lodging, sanitation, military drilling, and recreation
- Drills and maneuvers soldiers learned
- Personal belongings of the Yankees and rebels
- Firsthand accounts of camp life from letters and diaries
- Changes in camp life as the war dragged on